Wednesday 31 December 2008

Challenge 6 Scary Fairy Tales

Thanks to all who entered last weeks challenge. I am really excited about this weeks as I can't wait to get my teeth into the dark world of fairy tales.
As a child i was entranced by the darkness that always seemed to creep into my favourite fairy tales, these were usually Brothers Grimm stories
or Hans Christian Anderson. There were some amazingly imaginative plots and baddies in them. Think ... The Red Shoes & Hansel and Gretal, think also little red riding hood and the little mermaid ... and hundreds more.
You get the picture ??

I am off to explore and will be back with mine which i think this week will be an atc or journal page.
What will you create ?? hope its something deliciously dark ...

Ok Here is mine ( from Snow White ) 'Mirror Mirror '

10 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Oh I am so IN! I will be working on that for sure now that I am finished with creating the first draft of my Tarot deck. Love Mirror Mirror. A vampy stepmother!

May 2009 continue to bring you amazing inspiration and invite her friends health, prosperity and love to the table too! :)

Carrie Mae said...

I really like it!

During today's downtime I did a photo composite after your theme - feel free to use it or not; not my favorite thing ever. :)

here

Unknown said...

WEll I said I would have a go, I think I got a little carried away,
Here is my mine. and thanks for the inspiration

Taluula said...

An interesting and fun challenge.

You can find mine on my blog.

http://taluulas.blogspot.com/

Thank you for looking.

Taluula said...

Hi Chrissy although I loved your work very much I couldn't seem to leave a comment on your blog. Did I say I loved it? Yes, well I certainly did.

Josephine said...

All of these are well thought out and carried out with great skill and thought great works of art here is mine ....http://josephinesartwork.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-is-peice-i-did-for-junes-challenge.html

Josephine said...

Josephine's Photo Magic
Thought you might like to take a look at this Blog June and anyone else thats interested
Josephine's Photo Magic

Whitney Josephine said...

These challenges are great! I can't wait till the next one!

Here's my fairy tale piece, inspired by Hansel and Gretel:


http://tinyurl.com/9mh82m

Her Speak said...

I've got one for you! Hope it's not too late to play!

http://herspeak.blogspot.com/search/label/goddess

With Darkest Regards~* ;)
Molly

Veronica said...

This is my take on the dark fairytale challenge - thanks June

http://vronsblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/dark-fairytale.html

Hugs

Vron xx

Followers